July 12, 2012

rise a shine, it's breakfast time !

What do you do on your days off from work? Guess what I do....

Still guessing??

:)

Anyway, I made these whirligig buns with peaches and cinnamon and whipped cream for the baby shower, and I have been thinking about them ever since. The recipe is so easy.. although I have two notes:
1. You can use active dry yeast, and just throw it into the dry ingredients. It still works, it doesn't taste 'yeasty', and it still rises in just the same amount of time. You do still have to use 3 packets.
2. Leave the dough sticky. Don't try to add too much flour. They taste way, way better when the dough is sticky.

The author of the blog post where I found this recipe says it's a great thing to do when it gets cooler. I agree, and they are also not bad in the summer time! They only take 25 minutes to bake, so if you get up early enough you can have them done before it gets too hot.


Today, I filled them with raspberry preserves and chocolate shavings...







They were.. are, really good. I'm still snacking on them.

Also today, attempted vanilla ice cream, but it's still in the freezer, so we wait for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment