January 18, 2012

the sun! the sun!

The sun is finally starting to hang out a little longer again; I can't wait for summer time. One day, I will move to a place that has no snow or ice or short cold days. I don't believe anyone really loves that kind of weather.

This morning I woke up so early because the baby was just going crazy. I couldn't sleep! Then everyone else in the house started to wake up so I just decided to get out of bed and do something productive. I've been drinking a lot of chai tea since I'm honestly having trouble kicking my caffeine habit, and decided to again try making the concentrate that I posted about a few weeks ago. I'm thinking that I'll like it even better next time, when I have real oranges instead of orange extract, and decide to eliminate the honey. :)

Also, I was trying to figure out what to do for breakfast and decided an apple pancake would be fantastic! however! We only had two old, old, old golden delicious apples that I wouldn't dare smell much less eat. We did have a few sweet potatoes growing 'roots' or 'shoots', however you'd like to call them, so I decided- maple syrup gets put into sweet potato casseroles at Thanksgiving, I can make a sweet potato pancake!

Can you imagine daddy's face when he walked in the kitchen and saw me peeling sweet potatoes at barely after 6 in the morning?




I used this recipe for the pancake but substituted 1/3 c of whole wheat flour, used a tablespoon of brown sugar in the batter and only 2 tablespoons to cook the sweet potatoes, also, I substituted 1/4 of the milk for orange juice. Uups, also, I baked it for 30 minutes. I'm not sure why it took mine so long to brown? Next time I think I'll add more cinnamon and put the potatoes in the pan after I pour in the batter, because they all fell off; anyway, it was yummy scraping them up with the maple syrup afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment